Back to Structures
NATIONAL CHAIRPERSON OF COPE TEBOHO LOATE
Life journey of the National Chairperson
He was born in Alexandra township, south of Johannesburg.
• He became politically active in 1972 on arrival in the Free State. Together with other students lead the 1976 students uprising.
• In 2008, with a number of ANC members left the party to form the Congress of the People (COPE) where he first became the Secretary for Motheo Region in the Free State and then elected the Provincial Treasurer.
• At COPE's first elective National Congress, he was elected on to the Congress National Committee (CNC) and in 2015 at a Special National Congress he was elected the Acting National Treasurer of COPE before becoming the National Chairperson of COPE in 2019.
• Outside politics, Mr Loate worked as a teacher and HOD for many years in both the Free State and Gauteng provinces.
• He also worked in the Free State Government's Administration as Director Policy ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Department of Public Safety, Security and Liaison;
• Deputy Director: Monitoring and Evaluation; Director: Crime Prevention and Community Liaison; and then Director: Communications and the Chief Director: Corporate Services in the Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation.